SIA “Harpoon”, registration no. 40203254264, address: Kronvalda Street 3-16, Jelgava, LV-3002, (hereinafter also referred to as the “Data Controller”) obtains, processes and stores personal data that Catstuffco.com obtains from its customers and persons who visit the website ( hereinafter referred to as “Data Subject” or “You”).
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, i.e. i., the data subject. Processing is any activity related to personal data, such as acquisition, recording, modification, use, viewing, deletion or destruction.
The data controller observes the data processing principles provided by law and is able to confirm that personal data is processed in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Acquisition, processing and storage of personal data
Personally identifiable information is collected, processed and stored by the Data Controller, mainly through the online store website and e-mail.
The Data Controller shall not be liable for damages caused to the Data Subject or third parties if they have occurred due to false personal data.
Processing of customer personal data
The data controller may process the following personal data:
- Name, surname
- Contact information (e-mail address and / or telephone number)
- Transaction data (purchased goods, delivery address, price, payment information, etc.).
- Any other information provided to us at the time of purchase of the services and goods offered by the site or by contacting us.
In addition to the above, the Data Controller has the right to verify the accuracy of the submitted data using publicly available registers.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is Article 6 (1) (a), (b), (c) and (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation:
(a) the data subject has consented to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
(b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
(c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
(f) processing is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of the controller or of a third party, unless the interests of the data subject or the fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of personal data outweigh such interests, in particular where the data subject is a child.
The data controller shall store and process the personal data of the Data Subject as long as at least one of the following criteria exists:
- personal data are necessary for the purposes for which they were received;
- while the Data Controller and / or the Data Subject may, in accordance with the procedures specified in external regulatory enactments, realize his or her legitimate interests, such as to submit objections or bring or bring an action in court;
- as long as there is a legal obligation to keep the data, for example in accordance with the Accounting Law;
- as long as the consent of the Data Subject to the relevant processing of personal data is valid, unless there is another legal basis for the processing of personal data.
Upon termination of the circumstances referred to in this paragraph, the data subject's personal data shall also expire and all relevant personal data shall be permanently deleted from computer systems and electronic and / or paper documents containing the relevant personal data or these documents shall be anonymised.
In order to fulfill its obligations to you, the Data Controller has the right to transfer your personal data to cooperation partners, data processors who perform the necessary data processing on our behalf, such as accountants, courier services, etc. The data controller is the controller of personal data. Payment processing is provided by the payment platform makecommerce.lv, therefore our company transfers the personal data necessary for the execution of payments to the platform owner Maksekeskus AS.
Upon request, we may transfer your personal data to government and law enforcement authorities to protect your legal interests, if necessary, by drafting, filing and defending legal claims.
When processing and storing personal data, the Data Controller shall implement organizational and technical measures to ensure the protection of personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure and any other unlawful processing.
We use your Personal Information to provide
you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be
of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you
can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences. This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
Rights of the data subject
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the legislation of the Republic of Latvia, you have the right to:
- access your personal data, receive information about their processing, as well as request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transfer this data to another controller (data portability);
- request the correction of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- delete your personal data ("to be forgotten"), unless the law requires data to be retained;
- withdraw its prior consent to the processing of personal data;
- restrict the processing of your data - the right to request that we temporarily stop processing all your personal data;
- apply to the Data State Inspectorate
You can submit a request for the exercise of your rights by writing to the customer support service [email protected] .